Thursday, June 19, 2014

Skin Care for Traveling

  It's Summer time and the time to travel! Whether it be a road trip, or a short plane ride, everyone is going places. I know I have already gone on a couple trips this summer and still have a few coming up. I just got back this week from Alabama and that is not a short car ride for me(about eight and a half hours). I am sure I am not the only one that this happens to, but when I am traveling my skin goes CRAZY. When I'm in a plane, it gets dry, when I'm in a car, it gets oily. I'm going to let you know what I do once I get home to help treat my face and make it feel special again.

Traveling by Car
 While I'm in the car, I don't know what it is, but my skin gets a little oily feeling. I don't normally have oily skin so it's weird to me. What I like to bring along are some oil blotting papers, just a little travel size pack. I'm not an expert on these so I just get the smallest cheapest pack I can find and keep them in my travel bag/purse. Whenever I get to a rest spot, or if I'm the passenger, I'll just use these to blot my face. Usually around my nose and forehead.

 Once I'm home I pamper my face, once everything unpacked of course... I give it a good wash, usually with an exfoliant and warm water, to open up my pores, and rinse it with cool water, which then closes the pores. These is the best way to wash your face because you're getting deep down into crevices you didn't even know you had! Ew! After that, if there is any breakouts, I will use my handy dandy Tea Tree Oil pads and gently rub them with these. Finally, I will use a toner, on my fingertips, and dab it all over my face. Since my face was oily, none of these will make it extra greasy or oily. Instead it does the opposite and my face feels super clean and happy afterward!

Traveling by Plane
  Now with planes, there isn't too much I do on a plane in regards to my dry skin. The obvious solution for dry skin is to moisturize it, but I tend to wear makeup all the time so that wouldn't help me out very much. But once I'm off the plane, and at my destination, I wash my face with a cream cleanser and apply a good amount of moisturizer. Another good fix for taking care of dry skin would be by applying a hydrating mask!


What I recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment