Wednesday, July 27, 2016

1960s Inspired Makeup

  Last weekend I went to a really fun theme party, Mad Men, or the 1960s time period. It was SO much fun. Besides being able to see my friends I haven't seen in awhile and spend quality time with my boyfriend, I LOVED dressing up. I never get a chance to get dressed up from head to toe, but when I do, I try to go all out! Once I did my makeup it hit me that this would be a FUN post to write about and show you what my  makeup looked like. :D


  Now the 60s had A LOTT of eye liner, which for me was a major PLUS. I love me some winged eye liner. It's basically a staple in my every day makeup. I was also inspired by a model of the time, Twiggy, and her extravagant eyelashes. So I also tried to incorporate those too. I bought the individual lashes so it was easier for me to apply and they stick waaay better than the strips of lashes do.
  As far as lips go, it was mostly nudes and pinks. Nothing too crazy. So I just went for a shiny, slightly metallic, light pink.
  Never forget blush!



Face:
Maybelline FITme Foundation (matte + poreless 222 true beige)
NARS concealer (vanilla)
CoverGirl TruBlend Pressed Powder (translucent medium)
PUR Contour/Highlight Powder Duo
NYX HD Blush (hdb11 amber)
NYX Liquid Illuminator (born to glow)
 NYX Finishing Spray (Matte)

Eyes:
Sephora Colorful5 Eyeshadow (pale to rich taupe--I used the lightest only for glittery purposes)
Maybelline The Rock Nudes (the shiny nude color and brown for the crease)
Kat Von D Eyeliner (trooper)
LoReal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara (midnight black)
Ardell Stacked Individual Lashes
Maybelline BrowDrama Crayon Pommade (dark brown)

Lips:
NYX Lip Liner (spl810 natural)
CoverGirl Lipstick (015 breezed peach)

No comments:

Post a Comment