Thursday, February 13, 2014

Stubborn Blemishes

  So I called out of work because of the weather today.  I am not trying to drive an hour to work in inclement weather, that will most likely be worse when I get off. No thanks.  So I have decided to post something new!  I want to explain how I feel is the best way to get rid of stubborn blemishes.  It's a routine I used a lot in the summer to prevent breakouts.  Now I'm just doing the routine when I feel like something is about to pop up or when the stubborn little thing has already arrived.  I don't want my skin to dry out, since it is winter, because during the summer this was something I did just about every single day.  Here are three easy steps to help demolish those face demons in just a couple days.  For best results, do this at night before bed.

  Step 1:  Fully cleanse the face with a facial scrub or cleanser.  In this instance I use a scrub to scrub off the already dead skin and to hopefully prevent anything to come about.  I, of course, use my St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub, or the St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub, both are amazing.  The coarseness of the scrub just makes me "feel" like I'm getting something done.

  Step 2: I use Tea Tree Oil Pads from Trader Joe's.  These are AMAZING.  If tea tree oil works best for you I would suggest looking into these.  If there isn't a way for you to access these wonderful things, using Tea Tree Oil on a cotton ball, Q-tip, or cotton pad would work too.  Rub it over the areas that are breaking out or very prone to breaking out.  Tea Tree Oil is very drying, this is why I can't do this routine every day during this time of year. 

  Step 3:  Use just a tiny dab of Neutrogena's On-The-Spot Acne Treatment on top of the blemishes and the areas you're breaking out.  This stuff is oil-free and doesn't cause much irritation or dryness on the skin.

  This routine works best for me.  Let me know what works best for you or if you try this one, how it all worked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment