Monday, March 10, 2014

Alternative Eyeliner/Smudgey Eye Makeup

  So I know how I've gone on about winged eyeliner, which I will show how I do it soon, but lately I've been trying something new.  This is an alternative for winged eyeliner but also gives a good dark, yet subtle, eye.  I love a dark edgy look so I tried to use regular 'ol black eyeliner, not liquid, and then smudged it up and made it look messy.  Here is what I did. 
  I used Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in black and lightly lined my lower lash line/water line and did my upper lash line as well.  Then, I went through and put on a thin layer of eyeliner along my eyelid.  I took my ring finger, since it is the softest and gentlest finger, and rubbed in my eyeliner on both my eyelid and lower lash line.  This gives the simple smokey effect and also the dramatic eye.  
  That is all I'm wearing in this picture.  Wanted to get this post up for you guys today, since it's my day off this week.  But I will also pair this eye liner with nude or shimmery eye shadows, as well.  Makes your eyes just POP!

  I love doing this now for work or if I'm in a slight hurry to get out the door and don't have time to do the dramatic winged eyeliner.  So, try it out and let me know how it works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment