Sunday, January 12, 2014

Baby Lips Dr. Rescue- Review

  Now I'm sure everyone is aware of Maybelline's Baby Lips, the tinted lip balm.  It became popular back in 2012 and now has a new "medicated" version called Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Medicated Lip Balm.  I just wanted today's post to be a review of this product.  I was going to go over something a different topic, but this specific one just seems to keep popping up for me and I figured I'd go ahead and let you know what I think about it and other great chap sticks.

  To be blunt, the Dr. Rescue version of this lip balm is not all that great.  I do believe it was just a big hype, come fall and winter, and marketed for people to just buy something that is more "medicated" than their original balms.  I like the original tinted Baby Lips because they actually work.  I originally bought this new Dr. Rescue balm a few months back because my lips this winter are unbelievably dry.  I thought I would try it because I do enjoy the regular Baby Lips.  When I first wore it, it had a highly menthol-like smell.  I put it on and at first the color just seemed weird.  When I rubbed my lips together the tint, or pigment, just stuck to the dry part of my lips and the rest of the color didn't even stay, it was very liquid-like and loose on the rest of my lips.  The color that I bought was the "Peach" color.  I wanted something more nude to wear, but when I put it on, it was highly pigmented and like I said before, just stuck, altogether, very awkwardly.  On a brighter note, the original Baby Lips products works great, the texture of the lip balm and even the pigment of the colors work and look unbelievable.

  Other products that I recommend for very chapped lips this year is Burt's Bees chap stick, Chapstick, the original chap stick, Blistex, and Soft Lips.  These have all been around for a good while but still, in my opinion, work the best.  A good tip is to put chap stick on before you go to bed and you'll wake up with extremely soft, voluptuous lips in the morning.  Another thing that you can do, and a cheap way to exfoliate your lips, is to just use your toothbrush in the morning after brushing your teeth and gently, in circular motions, massage your lips with it for a few seconds.  This helps get rid of any dead skin on your lips and makes them feel extremely smooth.  You can also do this at night before bed, prior to putting on your favorite chap stick, or even VaselineThis is a great alternative if you don't have the money to get those fancy lip scrubs.

  Don't forget to put your email in the box on the upper left hand side to subscribe to me and receive emails for when I update, and leave me a comment or message me on Facebook on any other topics you want to hear about in the future.  Also, let me know if this review is helpful and if you would like to hear more of these.  I like to hear feedback on what is interesting and what is helpful, so I know what to do in the future.  Again, I have a good amount of topics ready and I'm excited to share them with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment