Sunday, January 5, 2014

Makeup Essentials

  "Essential" makeup is what I feel like I almost cannot leave the house without putting on my face.  Below are just a few of the things I wear on a daily basis, but it's what I usually  can't leave the house without using a little of.

  Foundation.  Now we all know that foundation, or a tinted moisturizer, is the base and "foundation" of any makeup.  This evens out the skin tone, covers up hyper pigmentation, and blemishes.  My favorite foundation that I have been obsessed with over the past few months is Covergirl's 3 in 1 foundation.  This contains a primer, concealer, and foundation all in one.  It works amazingly in covering the skin evenly, leaving little to no steaks, and lasts FOREVER.  It even works great for oily, dry and combination skin and it feels so light!  I like foundations that are more of a cream/liquid consistency, rather than liquid or powder, simply because I feel like the coverage is best.  I rarely have to touch my face up during the day with this foundation, and I work some long days.  
  Now, to apply it, I will sometimes use my fingers, which are the BEST tools to use, and sometimes I'll use my flat top kabuki brush.  This type of brush I find works best than any other tool, other than my fingers, to apply.  It never streaks like it would when I would use my small stipple brush, and it is super soft and gentle on the skin. 

  Concealer. Some people may or may not need concealer.  I use it after foundation, rather than before like most people, only because I use it to retouch, especially because my foundation already does a lot of the concealing itself.  I used to put it on before the foundation but I always felt that when I applied my foundation it basically wiped off my concealer and I found myself putting it on again.  This being said, I find it so much easier to apply the concealer afterwards.  The results are far more greater.  For this, I use Covergirl's concealer stick or the NYX concealer stick.  I use it in a similar color to my foundation; but you can also use a lighter color, as well as, the matching color, to use under your eyes if you have bags, or if you just want to give yourself more of an "awake" look. 
  To apply concealer I feel that a sponge is your best option.  I use a knock-off beauty blender sponge from Target to push the concealer into my skin.  It's the best way to blend it too.
  Eyeliner or Mascara.  Now this is probably not an essential for a lot of people, but it is for me.  If you know me well, you know that I am always rocking a 'cat eye' or 'winged' eyeliner.  I love it!  But some days, when I'm not feeling taking the time to draw it on, or if it's just a chill day and doing some simple errands, or I don't feel like looking edgy all day, I'll just curl my lashes and use mascara.  My favorite eyeliner, and it is definitely by far my all time favorite, is the Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner.  I have been using this eyeliner for YEARS and find that it lasts the longest throughout the day, doesn't smudge, and has such an easy applicator it'll make you want to draw that eyeliner on for days.  As far as mascara goes, I don't have too much of a preference.  At this moment, I am using Rimmel's Glam'Eyes Mascara, which I have used a few times before and I love.....and before that I used Covergirl's Lash Blast Fusion Mascara, which worked really well and visibly extended my lashes.

  Lips. Depending on the day and my mood, depends on what I wear on my lips.  But I always feel like one should wear something!  Whether it be chap stick, lip gloss, or a lipstick, the lips just don't look right completely naked.  I could go on forever on my favorite products for this section, so I'll save that for another time.  

  All of the products mentioned above I usually can just pick up at Target and CVS.  The most expensive I would say would be the foundation, but it is definitely worth it.  The most I have seen it for is $10. Which is awesome!

  If you haven't noticed you can now follow me by email and there is a section you can add yours in on the left side!  So follow me to know when my next post will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment